It has also made iTunes U its learning management system.
This sounds like a big giveaway to the private education industry.
Scribble is social bookmarking tool that lets you:
- Bookmark web pages and access them from anywhere
- Save articles and web pages for later
- Read annotated articles from your web browser
- Capture thoughts and share comments on the page
- Build your own library of favorite articles and websites
- Use filters and tags to quickly sort through your library
- Do full-text searches of your bookmarks, saved articles, and notes
- Share annotated articles via email, Facebook, and Twitter
ThinkBinder is a tool that lets students create online study groups and share videos, pictures, and links. They can also collaborate via text and video chats.
Did you know that YouTube has video editing tools that let you
- Combine multiple videos and images you’ve uploaded to create a new video
- Trim your clips to custom lengths
- Add music to your video from a library of approved tracks
- Customize clips with special tools and effects”
You can download this app free from the Google Play Store. It installs a “virtual” lens that works with your phone’s camera. When you focus it on a word or a phrase in a foreign language it is supposed to translate it for you. It also works in reverse. When you type a word or phrase in English it translates it into Russian, Spanish, French, Italian, German, or Portuguese. I downloaded it onto my Android phone. I typed a French phrase which we hear all the time, “Je ne sais quoi,” and printed it out. I pinned the sheet of paper to my bulletin board and focused on it. It translated it as, “I not know what.” That’s sort of accurate; it means something like, “that special something.” I know this was a very tough test for the translator. I wrote “Good morning” on the same piece of paper and got it to translate it as “Buenos dias” in Spanish, but it took a long time. You can also download it from the Apple App Store.
The Voice Dream Reader is supposed to convert text to speech and read it aloud in a natural pleasing voice, not one that mimics Darth Vader. You can download the free Lite version or the full version for $9.99 at the Apple App store.
Remind101 is a safe way for teachers to text students and stay in touch with parents. When teachers use this app students cannot see their phone number.